Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Last night I attended my very first town meeting; the townspeople were debating about whether they should preserve the town's rural character or make the town more commercial by permitting people to build stores, attractions, and multi-family houses. Both sides presented strong arguments; the discussion ran long so I didn't stay long enough to hear the final decision but I was able to witness them making decions on other issues. Those who are in favor of a preposition yell "Yea!" if they oppose they yell "Nay!" and if it's too close to call they tally votes. Afterwards I I ate dinner, spaghetti and meatballs, and was given a tour of the shed where the family stores five chickens. So far today I attended history class; we had a guest speaker. Then I attended Ceramics class where I constructed a cup for Mother's day. Soon I will be attending Calculus class; I'm not sure what to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment